Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Because I have a stinkin' long layover...

... IN MIAMI. So because I have a stinkin long layover in Miami, here are some of the things I have experienced or observed so far...

- a little boy crawling on the floor rolling a penny, then chasing it, then rolling it again
- a young child riding on her mom's suitcase
- this just in!... ANOTHER CHILD RIDING ON LUGGAGE
- a child on a leash
- the premium lounge (just kidding. We thought we could use that, but I guess it's just for first class and pilots and such. Lame.)
- two fluffy white poodles
- four nuns wearing all white!
- a man taking his shoes on and off right next to us. Ehhh..
- a lady at the ticket counter introduced herself as "assistance needed" (because the computer said "assistance needed.") She was very friendly and helpful
- some people dress very fancy to the airport
- a lady with sunburn on her back... then I wondered where she was where she had seen the sun, because I sure haven't seen it in a while
- the Miami airport is huge. We've paced much of it and I still don't think I can find my way around easily because all the terminals look the same
- thinking "I want to ride on one of those!" referring to the fancy airport golf carts. Then almost got hit by said fancy airport golf cart
- two little boys speaking Spanish and giggling
- debating with Betsy if we should leave the airport... then walking and riding the escalators and skytrain just for fun and deciding it was too rainy out and we didn't want to have to worry about coming back in
- I got really stumped on a dumb Sudoko. Then I went and bought a little book for more.
- A probably 1 or 2 year old black child with a plaid shirt, jeans and an AFRO.. super cute
- I may have been doing some people watching..

But really, not much has happened yet. We made it through the MSP airport and our first flight with no problems. PTL! (Praise the Lord!) Soon we will be going to meet up with Bekah, who is also doing an SOS to Bolivia, but will be with a different ministry working with a doctor/nurse a little ways from us. Pray that we get through customs and things go well with our visa and such when we land. THANKS. Peace and blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment